You and your family will LOVE this quick, easy, healthy, and delicious recipe. Who says healthy food can’t be made quickly?
First, a little about the tortillas…
Food For Life’s Exotic GF Black Rice Tortillas are made with your health in mind. In ancient times, Black Rice was reserved exclusively for Chinese Emperors. No others were allowed to consume it. Today, Black Rice is available everywhere. And, it is perfect for the Gluten Intolerant consumer looking for a nutrient rich product. Black rice is often overlooked, yet it’s a true “super grain” loaded with vitamins, minerals and natural anthocyanin (antioxidants). Many don’t know this, but black rice rivals and often exceeds some of the most notable antioxidant rich foods. Plus it’s loaded with natural fiber – A great healthy alternative to traditional wheat flour tortillas.
Did you know? Black Rice contains natural anthocyanin antioxidants — just like those found in blueberries, blackberries, dark cherries and acai.
At first glance you’ll notice the dark purplish color. The dark purplish color found in the bran is actually formed by the minerals in the soil. 1
I love all of the Food For Life products I have tried and I am so excited about these new tortillas!
Prep time: 5 min.
Total time: 10 min.
Yield: Depends on how much you put on each burrito, but it makes at least four burritos
(1) Packet of Black Rice Tortillas by Food For Life
(1) Rotisserie chicken
(1- 2) Avocados
(1) Head of red leaf lettuce
(1-2) Cans of Amy’s Kitchen’s Organic Refried Black Beans
Shredded cheese – to your liking
(1) Can of Newman’s Own salsa
(1) 8 oz. container of cottage cheese – in place of sour cream
1. Warm beans on stove.
2. Chop lettuce, shred cheese (unless you were smart and shredded cheese), shred rotisserie chicken
3. It may sound weird, but I recommend blending the cottage cheese – to fool the family skeptics who think they hate cottage cheese.
4. Warm tortillas in pan on stove, in microwave, or keep out at room temperature.
5. Place all ingredients in tortilla, add a dollop of sour cream and salsa, and serve.
1 – Food For Life
Image via Food For Life
This post currently has no comments. Leave a comment.